Craftisian Blogs

view blog series
The first thing I checked was the motor mount and the anti-backlash nut. To do this I removed the spoil board and the floor. I found a large amount...
  After a few years of research and a bit of shopping I managed to find a used ShopBot Desktop CNC on Ebay. The seller told me it was 4 or 5 years ...
Rather than drag the 4" hose around from machine to machine for my Oneida Supercell I decided to install a 4" PVC dust collection system.  The 4" h...
I found this article in the Spring 2023 issue (number 148) of American Lutherie. According to the article, this is an instrument that was one of th...
Anybody want to come help me cut up these sheets? They're 83 1/2 x 110 That is a 4 x 8 on top for comparison. [20240529_080545.jpg]
Here are a few pictures of the marquetry and routing in the inlays. By only using two veneers for the marquetry, Gaboon Ebony & Holly with the back...
Sorry I missed last Wednesdays update, we were camping on the coast with family. I got all but one of the mortises cut when I reinstalled the beam...
As I mentioned in part 1, I based my cart design around a  a Sketchup model I found on their 3D Marketplace.  Once the Supercell arrived and before...
Quiet week for us. I finished cutting the scarf joints and fitted them up. Unfortunately the beam twisted so things went a bit slow. [IMG_2540.jpeg...
I’ve almost finished making the first replacement for the intermediate sill. We chose a splice used in shipbuilding. I am not opposed to using trai...
I've done a previous blog on a similar item, but this time I'm including the design process for those of you who are interested. Making another pa...
Our front gate, which is now 4 years old, started sagging enough recently that it wouldn’t latch any more. I was a little disappointed by the compa...